Grants for Seniors: The Untold Story
Nothing compares to the happiness of spending more time with your family. To watch your children grow and share life’s wonderful stories and lessons with loved ones is, indeed, priceless. Thus, growing old is inevitable and, as much as we do not want to, time will come, things will not be the same as they used to be.
When Age Really Matters
Over the years, I have witnessed how time quickly passes. My countless gray hairs, senior moments, and wrinkled skin will speak for themselves. I’ve been through a lot of difficulties and fortunately surpassed them through the endless support of my loved ones and family. One of the most unforgettable hardships that I’ve been through is whenever I get sick and had to be rushed to the hospital. Apart from enduring the pain of medical treatments, the hospital bill is another concern for my family. We don’t have enough savings to cover such expenses and the last thing that we can do is find grants for seniors. I was hesitant and uncertain about the idea. I’m not sure if my request will be granted, but my family convinced me that there are a lot of grant opportunities for those who are in need. I, then, decided to submit a proposal to some foundations and non-profit organizations to seek assistance for my medical needs and health condition. A couple of days passed and there was a phone call. Yes! I have received the funds I requested. It was an answered prayer .To this day, I can’t believe that it was worth a try. I was already hopeless at that time and thought that I will be spending the rest of my days worrying about how I will have the monies to pay for my hospital expenses, but thank God for sending His angels. Through grants for seniors, I was able to spend more time with my family and do the things I loved and missed the most when I was in the hospital.
Doing the Right Thing
Grants are funds given for a worthy cause and must be used for their intended purpose. I understand that it is a tedious process to write and submit a compelling proposal that will win the approval of funders. Here are some helpful tips that you may use in finding grants for seniors.Through grants for seniors, I was able to spend more time with my family and do the things I loved and missed the most when I was in the hospital.
- Read the application and submission instructions carefully. It is important to identify the funder’s requirements before submitting your proposal. Know the deadline for submission. What about word limitations, font style and size to use, spacing, margins? Does the grantor only provide assistance for specific ailments/conditions?
- Be factual, realistic, and specific with your request. Provide details that will help the funder further understand your condition. What are the medications you need? Are you requesting funds to pay hospital bills? How long will you need medication or assistance?
- Itemize your budget. Provide an estimated but realistic amount that will meet your financial need. How much will the hospitalization and medication cost?
- Write the proposal. A professionally written proposal contains words or narratives that are easy to understand. It is important to include significant information that will justify or support your need for funding.
- Submit your application. After the tedious process of writing and compiling the necessary documents, it is important to submit your proposal on or before the deadline. It will give potential funders enough time to review your proposal and consider your application.