The Blue Foundation for a Healthy Florida, Inc., the philanthropic affiliate of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida (BCBSF), accepts applications for the Improving Access to Health Care grants program during two proposal cycles in the summer and winter. Grants are strategically awarded to diverse, philanthropic, community-based solutions that:
- Improve program capacity and reduce barriers to access
- Nurture community health leadership to reinforce local solutions, foster innovation and sustain quality
- Leverage financial, human and other resources to maximize measurable impact.
The current focus for the IMPACT Health Care grants program is on community-based health clinics and outreach programs.
The foundation will consider funding for:
- Direct health care services, but must not serve as a replacement for insurance reimbursements or as a supplement to insurance reimbursements from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida.
- General operating support alone or capital campaigns, but this is not a priority area.
- Equipment and supply purchases within proposals.
The Blue Foundation makes IMPACT Health Care grants to the following types of organizations:
- Organizations recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- Public agencies, including state and local governments (for example, health departments). A public entity may serve as a fiscal agent for a charitable organization or be part of a coalition or consortium applying for funding.
The Blue Foundation will not fund administrative overhead charges for universities or higher education institutions.
Grants are made between $10,000 and $100,000.
Multi-year commitments up to three years may be made, depending upon the request, the need and the funds available, but the total dollar request should not exceed $100,000.
The Blue Foundation accepts grant applications twice per year – mid-March and mid-September. Proposals must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date. When these dates fall on a holiday or weekend, the deadline will be the next business day.